Verify disk permissions checks to see what problems there are, and repair disk permissions actually fixes them. They take about the same amount of time to do, so verifying first effectively doubles the total time. I can't imagine why you'd not want to fix permission problems, so there's probably no use in verifying first.

Sent from Ronni's iPhone

On 16/06/2010, at 10:38 AM, Jennifer Lefroy <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I note that we are always encouraged to "repair permissions" before and after updating. Apple Service, when I needed to contact them, told me I should not do this routinely, but only "verify permissions". Does anyone know why they give this advice?

Regards, Jennifer

On 16 June 2010 06:25, Roger Kortas <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Guys

Its available this morning :)

I would recommend repairing permission and then running the combo updater :)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1048

its quite large 887.37 MB


Cheers


Roger




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>