Hi Ronni

Thanks for that but still no joy. I've followed the steps you mention but when
I select "show password" I am
asked for my keychain login password. The only password I know is my main login
password and when I insert
that I get a message saying it is invalid. Is there a separate admin password?

I did the verify process and no problems were found.

All I had done was open Keychain Access, looked at what was there, decided I
did not understand it and left the
site, so still can't work out what has caused the problem.

Kind regards
Laura

On Thu Jun 24 12:35 , Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> sent:

>On 24/06/2010, at 11:46 AM, Laura Webb wrote:
>Hi Ronni
>
>When you recently responded to a query and indicated how you use Keychain I
>decided I should have a look at
whether I should be doing likewise. I didn't get very far, was not sure what to
do so just left it alone.

>At least that's what I thought I had done but now I am locked out of Mail and
>am constantly asked for a
password. The only password I know to use is my Login password which is not
accepted. I've tried clicking on
the closed padlock but that has no effect. I've followed the steps in Mail Help
but still cannot get anywhere.

>Please can you tell me what I have done to cause this problem. The only way I
>can access Mail is to go through
my ISP and webmail.

>Kind regards
>Laura
>
>MacBook 10.6.4
>
>Hi Laura,
>Without knowing exactly what you did in your Login Keychain, it is very
>difficult to advise you.A couple of
things to try:
>A)1. Open Keychain Access:
>2. Click 'Login' (under Keychains in the left column)
>3. Then in the right column, scroll down to you find an entry for your Mail
>account.It will be something like
'mail.iinet.com.au'