Did u reset the PRAM Stuart? Worked for me recently after G5 refused to boot, Hold: option, control, P & R down while rebooting,

best,

ken

On 02/07/2010, at 6:40 AM, Stuart Breden wrote:

I had one of my PowerPC G5 iMacs sitting around shut down after I upgraded to the latest Intel iMac.

I went to start it up but all I got was the spinning wheel. I tried to use Disk Utilities from an external hard drive but could no to pen the external hard drive for he same reason. Tried also the install disk of OS 10.5.

What can I do?

Stuart Breden
PO Box 132
Kalamunda WA 6926