Hi Stuart,

on 3/7/10 8:21 AM, Stuart Breden at bred...@highway1.biz wrote:

> I want to share To Do's, research topics etc with my IT support
> person.  We can do this by e-mail but that is very cumbersome and
> unwieldy.  We could sue To Do's in iCal but that is limited.
>
> Things appears to e very good software but is not networkable and
> cannot be loaded onto iDisk or Dropbox.

What makes you say that? A quick Google on "things osx dropbox" comes up
with about 2 million results!

<http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=
things+osx+dropbox>

Several of them appear to be discussing ways to sync the Things database via
dropbox eg this one (which was the first result on my search):

<http://www.tuaw.com/2009/10/10/tips-and-tricks-putting-things-in-your-dropb
ox-makes-syncing-si/>

A quick peruse suggests that it is easy to sync the database between
computers but that you need to ensure that only one computer at a time is
accessing the database, to quote the article:

>> There are some caveats to this sync method. First, you should never run
>> Things on all of the machines at the same time. Instead, always quit Things
>> when leaving a machine to ensure that the database is properly closed.
>> Second, syncing Things with iCal from numerous Macs can cause some problems
>> resulting in duplicate iCal to-dos. Finally, realize that you'll still have
>> to sync up your iPhone to one of your Macs in order to keep it up to date.
>>
>> While this may seem like a roundabout way of keeping Things synced on more
>> than one Mac, it's actually quite straightforward and works very well. Until
>> Cultured Code builds global syncing into future versions of Things, this is a
>> good workaround.

I'll leave it up to you to check out any of the other results :o)

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton