Hi Rod,

You don't mention if you're using FireWire 800 or 400. But either
way...your speeds seem to be 20 Mb/sec for FireWire and 30 Mb/sec for
USB. These seem slow to me, I would have expected at least 30 Mb/sec
for FireWire, or more likely 50 Mb/sec. Maybe there is some other
limiting factor in your setup? FireWire usually doesn't need as much
CPU power compared to USB. Obviously for the disks you have, USB is
faster, but I wouldn't extrapolate these results to other drives or
cables.

James