1. Read the manuals, browse the discussion boards at Apple, get your hands dirty. I've never done training courses but I'm sure it would be helpful if they are well organised which I suppose they have to be.
2. I've setup a few lately for clients. They are a great little deal for the money and with Snow Leopard Server Apple have finally got something that's pretty usable out of the box for groupware. With the last couple I setup I trained the staff in basic admin stuff and hold their hands when they get our of their depth. You can get me at Team Digital, otherwise I'm sure Daniel or one of the others on here can help you out. Rob On 22/07/2010, at 9:51 PM, Stuart Breden wrote: > > I'm currently setting up an Intel iMac as my surgery 'server' as our Windows > 'server' 'died' last weeks and it is not worth resurrecting it. It was 5 > years old. > > I want to investigate if a Macmini Snow Leopard Server. I'm looked at > various file on the Apple site and it is very appealing. Hopefully it will > be part of the insurance claim. > > I also see that there is an organisation in Perth that has training courses. > > Two points > > 1 What is the best way to learn about this server? > > 2 Are there organisations or individuals with a proven record that can > advise, install the server and give us advise about future issues. > > Stuart Breden > PO Box 132 > Kalamunda WA 6926 > Ph: (08) 9257 1577 > Mbl: 0417 053 266 > > > > > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]> > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>

