Hi Rob,

After I had two Logic Boards replaced in my previous MacBook Pro, I experienced 
some weird things.
I guess you have tried deleting the Finder Preferences?

1. Open a Finder window and navigate to Home > Library > Preferences folder.
2. Trash the file "com.apple.finder.plist"
3. Perform one of the following tasks:
    Log out, then in again.
    Relaunch the Finder by choosing Force Quit from the Apple menu, selecting 
Finder, then clicking the Relaunch button.
4. Empty the Trash.

Cheers,
Ronni

17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
2.66GHz / 4GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm

OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)




On 24/07/2010, at 5:13 PM, Rob Phillips wrote:

> 
> Hi All
> 
> I've been having lots of weird problems with my mac recently. MacBook Pro 2.5 
> GHz core 2 duo, 2Gb RAM.  OS 10.6.4.
> 
> I won't bore you with the problems I'm still working through, but one has me 
> confused.  That has to do with automatic refreshing of finder windows.
> 
> I have an Attachments folder.  When I save an email attachment, it goes into 
> the Attachments folder.  In the past, if I went to the Finder to view that 
> folder, I immediately saw the file I had just saved.  After I had the logic 
> board replaced a couple of weeks ago, this stopped happening.  I would have 
> to go to the Attachments finder window, navigate to another folder and then 
> back again to see the new file.  A bit annoying...
> 
> To confuse matters, a few days ago I had some file system errors and had to 
> run Disk Utility to repair them.  After that, the Attachments folder worked 
> fine again, but now it has gone back to the old behaviour.  I've run Disk 
> Utility again everything seems OK.
> 
> Any ideas about the cause of this erratic behaviour?
> 
> Rob
> 
> -- 
> Dr Rob Phillips
> Greens candidate for the federal seat of Cowan
> http://greens.org.au/cowan
> [email protected] 0416 064054
> Follow me on Twitter: @Rob4Cowan
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>