Hi Barry,

If I understand you correctly, the problem is with one specific email
message that is downloaded onto your iPad.

You want to delete it - but the action of selecting it (in order to delete
it) causes Mail to lock up.

I do not use Mail myself, but have encountered the same problem in Entourage
- where the problem was that trying to view the email caused the problem -
so it was solved by turning off the email preview.

See these previous WAMUG posts:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/msg51486.html>
<http://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/msg51488.html>

If you are having a similar problem, then there may be an equivalent
solution in Mail.

HTH

Cheers

Neil