Hi Merv

I use a a Daniel supplied WD MyBook as a back up device and it works a treat
in my set up via firewire.

Regards
Dave


On 15/08/10 1:49 PM, "Daniel Kerr" <[email protected]> wrote:

> 
> On 15/8/10 11:08 AM, "Merv Bond" <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Has anyone had experience with this as a backup?
>> Western Digital 1TB My Book World Network Storage Drive
>> Could my:
>> Intel iMac OSX 10.5.8; and, my wife's
>> iBook G4 OSC 10.4.11
>> each access it for backup on a LAN?
>> Comment appreciated.
>> Merv
> 
> Hi Merv
> 
> I've used the MyBook Word 1.5TB drive and find it quite good. Though I've
> also got a Time Capsule for most of my backups, I use it as a network file
> storage also. It was quite easy to set up overall.
> You can also use it with Time Machine on your 10.58 machine, as well an
> iTunes Music server also if you want to sure music in one spot as well. And
> plenty of other features.
> There's some quite good info on them here at the wholesaler site I get them
> from:-
> <http://www.simms.com.au/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemCode=WDH1NC10000A&vendid=WE
> SDIG002&catid=562&ValueRam=0>
> I supplied a couple here and there to clients and they've been quite happy
> with them.
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
> Kind Regards
> Daniel
> 
> ---
> Daniel Kerr
> MacWizardry
> 
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
> 
> 
> **For everything Macintosh**
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 



-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>