Hi Daniel
Thanks very much for this info. I did actually look on the Aus FM site
where the upgrade is $450 for V 11 advanced but that is all. Is it
possible to buy it cheaper?
After the great advice from Peter, Im also keen to get Filemaker Go
for the ipad, but probably not until later in the year when I may have
some spare hours to work on the database
Best regards
Chris
On 28/08/2010, at 11:54 AM, Daniel Kerr wrote:
Hi Chris
The promo code is not really used, unless it was a "special offer".
Not so
much for your old code.
According to quick google search, and this link, you'll be eligible:-
<http://www.filemaker.com/purchase/store/buying_faq.html#1>
(Bear in mind pricing is in USD)
But it says,..
---quote---
FileMaker Pro 8 US$179.00 until Sep. 23, 2010. After Sep. 23,
2010,
purchase full version for US$299.00*
---end quote---
So you should be fine.
You didn't look locally to see if you can get it cheaper rather then
buying
online?
Hope that helps.
Kind Regards
Daniel
On 28/8/10 11:32 AM, "Chris Burton" <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Peter
Thanks for the details on the upgrade to FMPro V 11 as I think I am
eligible with version 8 advanced.
I would like to buy the Box set and have been through the store up to
the Shopping Cart screen.
However it has an item called PROMO CODE with a box to include text
or
numbers I assume. I actually dont know what to include in there (if
anything) before I continue with the purchase? Do I have to put in
the
licence key for FMPro 8 or something else? Do I need to do this to be
eligible for the upgrade? How can I check if I am eligible before I
buy just to make sure?
I sent Filemaker an email with the above info but havnt heard boo.
Are you able to advise me on this Pete?
regards
Chris
On 26/08/2010, at 8:50 AM, Peter Hinchliffe wrote:
On 26/08/2010, at 8:29 AM, Bill Parker wrote:
Thanks for that advice Peter. I use FM 10 with great success - do
you recommend the upgrade to 11?
Bill
Inasmuch as I generally recommend using the latest version of your
mission-critical software, my answer would be Yes. However, if
you're not reall in the position of a dedicated Filemaker developer,
or your current solution doing everything you want, Filemaker 10 is
fine. There are several significant improvements in Filemaker 11
even for the user however, most notably being Saved Finds, a new
Inspector palette, a new Quick Find field (performs a Google-like
search on you entire database in the one field) and a new Quick
Reports tool in Table View. Are are many more improvements under
hood as well, though many of them are refinements of features
introduced in Filemaker 10. You can go to http://
www.filemaker.com.au for full details.
The really big thing with Filemaker 11 is that it s now a full
Cocoa-
based application. This has had an affect on the way some long-
standing features work, but by and large it's the same package
you're used to.
Peter Hinchliffe Apwin Computer Services
FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482 Mob 0403 064 948
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac because I prefer it -- Windows because I have to.
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry
Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
Web: <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
**For everything Macintosh**
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>