OSX on the old eMac is 10.4.11
iPhoto is version 6.06

I don't know about the newer iMac until I travel there again next weekend.
However I was told it is using Tiger.

On 20/09/2010, at 5:49 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> 
> 
> On 20/09/2010, at 5:24 PM, Stephen Chape wrote:
> 
>> I have just used the migration facility for the first time to migrate my 
>> step daughter's
>> eMac data over to a 2GHz 17 inch iMac.
>> 
>> Everything went fine, however she called me last night to say that although 
>> all her
>> photos are all in the iPhoto library, the Albums all show blank spaces where 
>> the photos
>> should be.
>> 
>> I have been to have a look yet and will not make it there until the weekend, 
>> but any ideas
>> from anyone would be welcome ?
>> 
>> Fortunately I had not deleted the iPhoto folder from the old eMac yet.
>> I am at present copying the iPhoto library folder to a USB thumb drive.
>> 
>> Any idea what will happen if I simply copy this over the one on the iMac 
>> (her new Mac) ?
> 
> Hi Stephen,
> 
> You don't say what version of iPhoto or OS X ...
> 
> But Yes, you could:
> A). Copy the iPhoto Library Folder from the Pictures Folder on the old 
> machine to the Pictures Folder on the new machine.
> B). Then launch iPhoto. 
> 
> Or, before you can get there on the week-end, your Step Daughter could try to 
> 'Rebuild iPhoto Library'.
> 
> 1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
> 2. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
> 3. Open iPhoto.
> 4. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
> 5. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to 
> use.(I suggest selecting all options).
> 6. Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. 
> 
> This may take a few minutes to complete.
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
> 2.66GHz / 4GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm
> 
> OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 


Regards,
Stephen Chape




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>