From: Daniel Kerr <dan...@macwizardry.com.au>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:22:07 +0800
Subject: Re: Best value wireless multifunction printer/scanner for Mac?

Hi Steven

My personal preference for colour inkjet is Epson then Canon
Have lots of clients with them and they work extremely well. (I've got an
Epson Tx810FW at home).

Marlene - if only doing black and white printing may be better to consider
Laser. Cheaper running costs long term. Brother have a great range that just
work and just last.

Can't find the wamug archive link direct to it but have mentioned more
details previously in archives from me, Ronni and others.
(just on road so bit hard to get to it).

But they would be more recommendations based on what I've sold and worked
with over the last 9+ years.

Kind regards
Daniel
(who hopes this gets delivered due to vodafone iPhone issues).

Sent from my iPhone

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email:  dan...@macwizardry.com.au
Web:    <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For Everything Macintosh**

On 21/10/2010, at 10:08 AM, Marlene Oostryck <oostr...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi Steven
>
> I'm glad you asked your "dumb" question as I too have been looking at the
shops recently with a view to purchasing a Multi-function printer - so I am
looking at the responses you get.

> There is just such a huge range out there and it is so hard to decide what is
right. All the retail "experts" have a different view! - and not many know what
works well with Macs.
> I want my printer mainly for black and white text printing for home use -
(photo prints I do at Harvey Norman). I also want to scan and copy. Don't need
the fax. I will use usb connection.
> The main concern is best value for ink useage and the recommendations seem to
be - go for a middle range (better value ink cartridges).
> I know laser printers are better value re ink - but the footprint is too large
for my desk - so inkjet is the way I will go.
> I'm considering a Canon Pixma MP560 - but would love some personal
recommendations from WAMUG users.

> Office Works have some good deals now, and JB Hi-Fi are offering 50% off ink
(limit of 3) with a printer purchase.

> Good hunting, Steven!
>
> Regards
>
> Marlene
>
> On 20/10/2010, at 10:32 AM, Steven Knowles wrote:
>
>> At risk of asking a dumb question due to the multitude of options, I need to
grab a (preferably wireless but can hook into TC if not) multifunction office
printer / scanner. Not so bothered about a fax function - who uses fax these
days - but it'll probably have that anyway.

>> Printing volume will be minimal, so will scanning for that matter, but just
need one around since my HP Officejet 7210 died.

>> Interested in views on the best Mac-friendly brand available at the moment.
Anyone know what Choice recommended in their Multifunction printer report? I'll
buy it if not.

------ End of Forwarded Message