Hi Rod,

I would say this is a rather common problem. I have had reports from users of
Address Book Server (http://www.addressbookserver.com) which I develop about
the same issue.

I have added function to my own application to counteract this. There are also
some third party tools available which can help with this problem.

Spanning Tools Calendar Cleaner (http://spanningtools.com/mac/)

The underlying cause is Sync Services which can get confused and generate
duplicates. However once you manage to resolve the duplicates it does
eventually work properly.

Alex