Hi Ronni, No Problems, no I did mention in the post that Bluetooth is not even 
listed in System Preferences.  That was one of the first places I went to try 
and find out why it wasn't showing up.

Daniel I followed your instructions and Hardware>Bluetooth it says "No 
information found."

I am just starting to repair disk permissions as a first step.

Matt

On 05/11/2010, at 3:06 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> Hi Matt,
> 
> Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have Bluetooth turned ON in System 
> Preferences > Internet & Wireless - Bluetooth "On" & "Discoverable"?
> 
> Post back if you have and we will give more ideas.
> 
> 
> Cheers,
> Ronni
> 
> 17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
> 2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm
> 
> OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)
> 
> 
> 
> On 05/11/2010, at 2:59 PM, Matt Falvey wrote:
> 
>> Hi, my wireless keyboard had been lost by my Powerbook!  I hadn't changed 
>> anything, at least I don;t think I did. At first I thought the batteries had 
>> gone flat, so I recharged them and it was still not recognised.
>> 
>> I had a hunt around the web for solutions and one was to ditch, 
>> com.apple.Bluetooth.plist from my User/Library/Preferences and reboot which 
>> I did.  Didn't change anything.
>> 
>> 
>> Bluetooth is not listed in my System Preferences window under Internet & 
>> Network any more?  When I go to Utilities and click on Bluetooth Setup 
>> Assistant.app I get the message  "No Bluetooth Hardware Found" in order to 
>> use this application you must have a Bluetooth module.  Please verify that 
>> your Bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer.  The same 
>> reply comes when I try to launch Bluetooth File Exchange.app and Bluetooth 
>> Serial Utility.app
>> 
>> Any ideas, I cant see how it disappeared without anything being done?
>> 
>> Thanks
>> 
>> Matt
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>