Hmmm,

Wish that it were, Ronni, unfortunately, that has not been my experience
with the wireless keyboard - see my previous postings -thread to;
<http://www.mail-archive.com/wamug@wamug.org.au/msg57337.html>

where I found that the only way to connect the keyboard to the new computer
was to unpair it from the old computer - otherwise the keyboard was not
"discoverable".

With that thread, my problem was changing computers - so when I found the
solution, I left it at that. But I just got a wireless trackpad (tempted by
Apple's one-day sale!) and noticed in the manual (yes, I read it!) that if
you want to pair with another Mac you must first remove the existing pairing
- and to do that you need access to the original (working) Mac.

I agree that it doesn't seem to matter for the mouse - but it certainly
mattered for the wireless keyboard and the manual seems to imply it will
also be the same for the trackpad.

On the other hand, it would seem unlikely that the keyboard/trackpad would
be, essentially, "bricked" if (for whatever reason) you could not unpair it
by doing so from it's original computer.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton