On 07/12/2010, at 12:35 PM, Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

> Hello again
>
> After over 14 years using Eudora I am gradually learning to use Mail.  I
> liked Eudora but it  has become too antiquated (like me).
>
> I had Eudora set to remove the messages automatically from the Server but I
> can't find out how to do this in Mail. I have deleted messages and emptied
> the Trash but they are all still on the Server.
>
> Surely I don't have to select & delete them via Web Mail.
>
> Help please.
>
> Best wishes from Diana

G'day Diana.

Mine is set up to delete from the server after one day.

Go to Mail - Preferences - Accounts.

Select the appropriate account and go to the Advanced tab (3rd one [Account
Info - Mailbox Behaviours - Advanced])

Tick the box "remove copy from server after retrieving a message:" and then
select the period from the choice box thingy immediately below.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Pete Smith

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo