Hi Peter,

To try to reproduce the problem I downloaded Weatherzone and I had the same 
experience as Tony -- it does not appear to run on Snow Leopard.

A minor point that may not be relevant, and that is that one uses a four finger 
swipe up (not down) to revel the desktop. A four finger swipe down shows all 
open windows in exposé style. For completeness a four finger swipe left or 
right shows all open application icons and allows one to select an icon to 
switch between running applications.

Cheers,
Carlo

On 2010-12-14, at 09:02, Tony Cockbain wrote:

> The Weatherzone Weather tracker that sits on the desktop disappeared when I 
> upgraded the OS. No sign of an upgrade yet!
> 
> Tony
> 
> On 14/12/2010, at 8:23 AM, Lloyd White wrote:
> 
>> I lost my Weather Vane (free) when the OS recently was upgraded. After a 
>> couple of days a new version became available. Now works well.
>> 
>> Lloyd 
>> 
>> 
>> Hi folks, I installed the weatherzone widget 6 months ago (the Mac version) 
>> onto my macbook with SL and find it very useful. I have also recently 
>> learned the four finger swipe command on the mousepad to “go to desktop”. So 
>> now when I swipe down (towards oneself) I see the widget as one of the 
>> panels, and when I select it with the mouse, it darts off to the dock. I 
>> can’t seem to get the widget back onto the main desktop. I’ve tried quitting 
>> Weatherzone Tracker, rebooting the Macbook all to no avail. I also bet there 
>> is a trivial fix for this too. Can anyone provide me a fix for this please?
>>  
>> Thanks.
>>  
>> Peter..




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>