Screenflow is nice, but in case you were unaware, Quicktime X in Snow
Leopard has screen recording functionality built-in. Just open Quicktime
Player from the Applications menu and choose File -> New Screen Recording
and follow the prompts. Its free, but the downside is you cannot select a
certain area of the screen to record, it automatically records the whole
screen.

Kind Regards

Patrick Lawrence



On 10/01/11 1:50 PM, "Cari Jansen" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>I have been using ScreenFlow for some time now to record short tutorials I
>post on my web-site and YouTube. Very happy with it, can definitely
>recommend using it. Easy to work with, nice simple interface and allows
>you
>to perform some editing, include a video capture text overlay etc. You can
>publish from ScreenFlow straight to YouTube directly as well, which I
>like.
>
>Cari
>www.twitter.com/carijansen
>www.carijansen.com
>
>-----Original Message-----
>
>
>I want to do some screen recording on my mac (for a software demo). Can
>anybody point me to a product they have used (and like)?
>
>There are a number of products out there, such as Screenshow, iShowU etc,
>but I haven't personally used any of them.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Andrew
>
>
>
>
>-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>