Hi Ian
I use my mobile phone, most of them have a calendar and alarm and I sync with 
ical regularly..
Cheers
John
On 10/01/2011, at 7:35 PM, cm wrote:

> 
> Hi Ian,
> 
> You may want to create a custom alert so that I can go on for as long as you 
> choose. You will have to remember to keep the volume of you computer high 
> though.
> 
> Here is an Mac OS X Tips article on creating your own custom alert sounds.
> http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/index_files/get-custom-audio-or-visual-alerts.html
> 
> Some stirring piece of band music may get your attention.
> 
> Cheers,
> Carlo
> 
> On 2011-01-10, at 19:23, Ian Reid wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Good Evening All
>> 
>> Can somebody please recommend a computer alarm suitable for the following 
>> conditions.
>> 
>> I am tending to forget appointments, all of which are listed in iCal, 
>> particularly if I become absorbed in some other matter, on or away from the 
>> Mac. I don't need waking from sleep, that is no trouble, but want  a 
>> day-time noise loud enough to alert me when at or away from the computer.
>> 
>> Sure, I could use an alarm clock, but it would be handy to be able to set 
>> the alarm when entering the appointment in iCal, perhaps weeks ahead.
>> 
>> Ian Reid
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
>> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
>> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
>> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
> Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>
> 




-- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List --
Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml>
Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml>
Unsubscribe - <mailto:[email protected]>