Hi Hugh,

The as yet unreleased version of iOS, version 4.3, has a new personal hotspot
feature. This will allow one to turn their iPhone into a five node wifi hub
with password security. The new feature may or may not be blocked by your
service provider, and may incur an extra charge. You would with this hotspot be
able to access the Internet from your iPad using your iPhone as a wireless hub
— or vise-versa.

I just ten minutes ago, as a paid-up iOS developer, downloaded and installed a
beta version of iOS 4.3. I want to avoid an extra charge from Vodafone, but the
temptation to try the new feature may just be too great. Sort of like a
chocolate in the bar-fridge of a hotel room. :-)

Cheers,
Carlo

Sent from my iPad