That's the other thing Ronni. Sometimes the so called "rumours" are meant to
be placed there.
Gotta love all the conspiracy theories that goes with it.
I remember reading somewhere about how Apple "control" some of the rumours
of things coming as its  placed there to see which supplier or distributor
might be leaking information. Then if it gets out they can trace it back to
where it's from.
It's a great marketing plan which ever way you look at it.
Put enough "information" or "mis-information" out there and (like you say)
let it get passed around enough to different places, and suddenly it becomes
true.

Market your product first via rumour before it's even released, and you've
got people talking about it, saying how great (or how bad) it is and people
are following it all already.
I suppose then, if you read enough of the feedback that it sounds like it's
going to bomb you can modify it a little to get it right, then release it
modified and ooh and aah the crowd. (And then everyone says,.."see I was
right, it was going to be released") Half the work is done for you!

Apple do very well with the amount of info they do keep tight lipped before
it's released considering their scope of products and all the places parts
come from and the amount of marketing and hype is all created before it's
released. I'm sure the rumour chain is shared a little from both sides. :o)

I don't think the same can be said for the other side,...but I could be
wrong.
Even more of late are the news articles (which I barely see bar once in a
blue moon, it's normally mentioned to me from my Mum or sister) on TV, even
here in "little 'ol Australia" where they mention the new great Apple
product just released, or what Apple have just done to great a "Frenzy".
Does the same happen for Windows or PC makers? Maybe it does, and I just
don't see it,...lol. Oh wait,..it does,..but for virii. :o) hehehe :o)

The rumour market is a whole niche in itself eh.

Kind Regards
Daniel

*Note. All the above is based on my own personal view and opinions, so can't
be taken as gospel. ;o) It's just my take on how I see it ;o)

On 12/2/11 10:12 AM, "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> Or " if they repeat something often enough from different sources, people
> ¹think¹ it is very likely true" ;-)
>
> My prediction new MacBook Pros in Australia in June 2011Š.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni

---
Daniel Kerr