Been having problems with our home wireless setup lately

Using a Dlink 502T (Gen2) modem going into a router, which goes into an airport
extreme base station which relays to another extreme base station

The address used to connect to the router is the usual 10.1.1.1
However, when I look at the TCP/IP settings under Network Prefs, it lists the
computers IP address as 10.0.1.X
It hasnt stopped us (all 4 computers at home) from connecting to the internet,
but what i have been noticing of late is that Dads 15" MBP has been having
trouble connecting to the wireless network at night after he has come home from
school
Entourage and skype seem to connect, but firefox and safari dont want to load a
webpage at all
give it 5-10mins and viola....it fixes itself up no worries and will connect
Airport is showing full range, and network prefs is saying it is connected to
the internet
Ive also noticed that where i used to have 3-4 bars range, im now down to 1,
but havent really noticed a speed decrease

the usual stuff, like rebooting the airports, verifying and repairing
permissions and updating software havent seemed to make any difference

anybody got any insight???

Ashley Mulder
BSc (Forensic and Analytical Chemistry) | (Forensic Science Hons.)
PhD (Chemistry)
Department of Chemistry
Curtin University
ashley.mul...@student.curtin.edu.au