On 21/02/2011, at 11:35 PM, Peter Crisp wrote:
Hi all, i am itching to get a 27" imac but patient enough to hold out for Lion to hit the stores. Does anyone have any inclination about when it is due? I gather June approx is likely but in typical Apple fashion it is a highly covert exercise up till the day it is released. Are there any hardware updates on the horizon for these machines too? I think the iMac was updated around 4-5 months ago (in a hardware sense) so it is unlikely to be physically updated prior to June.

It won't be released to the consumers at WWDC (aka sometime early June)
It will be released to DEVELOPERS at that time so they have time to test the new OS with their products and issue their own updates and enhancements... So, I personally suspect consumers will most likely get it around September/October

I would be happy with Snow Leopard but not that urgent that I wont hang out for Lion.

Regards

Peter...

--
Nicholas Pyers (nicho...@appleusers.org)