At this link it states the Ink Cartridges are:
<http://www.epson.com.au/products/multifunctional/styluscx5500_specs.asp>

STANDARD INK CARTRIDGES     Black T0731, Cyan T0732, Magenta T0733, Yellow T0734

LOW COST INK CARTRIDGES     Black T0911, Cyan T0912, Magenta T0913, Yellow T0914

Then at this link it states the Ink Cartridges are:
<http://www.epson.com.au/products/multifunctional/styluscx5500_consumables.asp>

INK CARTRIDGES  PRODUCT CODE
73N - Standard Capacity DURABrite Ultra - Black Ink Cartridge
73N - Standard Capacity DURABrite Ultra - Cyan Ink Cartridge
73N - Standard Capacity DURABrite Ultra - Magenta Ink Cartridge
73N - Standard Capacity DURABrite Ultra - Yellow Ink Cartridge

91N - Economy DURABrite Ultra - Black Ink Cartridge
91N - Economy DURABrite Ultra - Cyan Ink Cartridge
91N - Economy DURABrite Ultra - Magenta Ink Cartridge
91N - Economy DURABrite Ultra - Yellow Ink Cartridge

A few things you could try, but if they are the incorrect cartridges the
Printer won’t recognise them.
1. Remove the cartridge and reinstall it.
2. Power cycle the printer, and then remove the cartridge and reinstall it.
 or
Remove the cartridge and rub a soft tissue over the gold part (chip) of the
cartridge. Then replace.
or
After you close the latch that locks the cartridges in place, push down on all
the cartridges a few times. Then see if the message disappears.
or
In the Epson printer utility try the Nozzle Check and the Head Cleaner Utility.
It will print the sample and perhaps then recognise the cartridges.