From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [mailto:wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On Behalf Of
Martin Hill
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 10:01 PM
To: WAMUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: IPad2 and iPhone hot spot (and GPS!)

Well it looks like a wifi iPad can actually get a GPS fix form an iPhone 4 when
connected to the phone's personal hotspot.

http://blog.urbanape.com/post/3798485232/show-me-the-way

This does significantly reduce the disadvantages of going for the wifi-only
iPad.

In my case though, apart from other reasons discussed below, I would still go
for the 3G iPad so I didn't have to have an iPhone 4 around and also so I
didn't run down the battery on the phone doing personal hotspot and GPS
reception, both of which suck the life out of an iPhone quite fast.

-Mart