Hi all, I have a continuous problem only mildly annoying but enough to warrant
this note. So i have an 500GB external drive in the USB of the Macbook and I
have two finder windows open, one looking at the folder on the 500GB external
drive, the other looking at the destination folder within the Maxtor 1TB drive
attached to the USB of the Time Capsule. So when I drag 30 selected jpg files
from the 500GB to the 1TB, it usually only gets through 8 or 10 of the images
where upon I get an error message pop up saying "The operation could not be
completed, the file DSCN0123.jpg is in use". so it successfully places the
first 8 images sequentially up to the one before the one "in use" but the rest
don't copy over.

I dont know what "in use" means in this context. I don't have iPhoto running
when I am moving the files, but this happens repeatedly. so i end up having to
manually drag/drop 5 - 8 files at a time. image size is around 3MB each so
wirelessly through the Time Capsule takes a bit of time for each drop operation.

Anyone have any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

It also used to do this same operation with all images some time ago with no
faults, so it can drop as expected.

Thanks

Peter...