Hi

I thought I would just relate a problem I had with my 1st Generation AppleTV.
It disappeared from my devices list in iTunes, but was still there in my
preferences list (in iTunes). The AppleTV didn't seem to be updating (in any
event, I couldn't change any preferences in iTunes).

I delinked my AppleTV from my iTunes library.  Rebooted both, no luck.

Remembering what I changed in the last week, I recalled updating to
VirusBarrier X6 from X5.  I looked through the manual and found the problem - a
new feature called "antivandal".  The high volumes of data transfer caused it
to shut down the connection - describing it as "This address was put in the
Blocked Addresses list because it tried to attack your computer with a
Connection flood."

If you just drag this to the "Trusted Addresses" tab in the "antivandal"
function, all is fixed.

A pity I found this only after I delinked my AppleTV from my iTunes library -
now it is uploading everything again - a long process.

Thought someone might find this of interest.

Adam