Hi Adrian

There are lots of "good" reviews on it.
However,...and the following is my personal opinion..
Any program/company that advertises the way it does, and has pop ups on some
of the sites I use (even though I have pop ups turned off) doesn't get my
vote.
Also, the software does seem to put "its hooks" through the system a lot.
Something I don't particularly care for.
And, lastly if you do a search for "MacKeeper pop ups" you'll see a lot of
reviews on people that have a) installed it and found it not good and b) had
trouble removing it.

Here for example is one thread on it:-
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2786697?start=0&tstart=0>

There's just something about that software I can't quite put my finger on
it,...but I personally don't like it.
The threat of it doing more damage then good can also be a bit of a worry.
;o)

Again, this is just my personal opinion.

The second part to your question, is sort of in the answer above. In that it
installs components all over the system. And the "removal" tool doesn't seem
to get them all. So you have to do lots to get rid of it. That is part the
problem.

Hope that helps a little.

Kind regards
Daniel

On 4/6/11 9:35 AM, "Skehan Adrian" <adrianske...@me.com> wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> Early last May there was a post on MacKeeper which seemed to come to an abrupt
> close following Ronni's comment.  The application has some interesting
> elements to it such as Fast Clean which suggested that there is over 6 GB of
> junk, including foreign languages and lots of preference files for long
> disused applications, etc. Anti-Theft, Duplicate Finder and Undelete look
> interesting.
>
> Does anyone have anything good to say about it?
>
> The other burning questions in my mind are: Has anyone tracked down just what
> it is about it that may causes the sort of problems that Ronni came up
> against?  and has the MacKeeper people had anything to say on the matter?
>
> Regards,
>
> Adrian
> adrianske...@me.com

---