Neil,

Preview under Lion has added a number of cool features.

One of them is that adding text is now left aligned. I cannot find a way to
centre or right align it. Left align is fine with me.

It also adds the very nice features of a Speech Bubble and a Thought Bubble.

Speech bubble creates a circle with an arrow towards the place on the PDF you
want to mark. Bit like a paper cartoon.

Thought bubble does the same but without the arrow. Instead it has little
bubbles going to the place you are marking.

The add Note feature is there too, for a more formal way of marking up notes.

These, plus features of adding links, underlines, strike throughs, adding
signatures, Preview continues to be a powerful free PDF tool.

Tim