Thanks Ronni – another clear and useful guide from you.
Dave

On 30/08/11 8:57 AM, "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

Hello WAMUGers,

If you are thinking you ‘might’ want to upgrade to Lion OS X 10.7 at some
stage, I have prepared a tutorial PDF “Prepare For Lion”; which might be of
assistance.

The tutorial explains what you need to do to get your Mac ready for Lion. How
to check if your Mac can run Lion, the amount of RAM & free Hard Drive space
required, and application ‘kind’ that will work in Lion. How to ‘clean up your
computer’ and the correct way to install Lion.

I have not had time to do much testing of my ‘Lion' which I have installed on
an external FW Drive.
I’ve played around looking at the interface and where everything is placed and
if everything works, but have not done any serious work in Lion.

There are certain things I like about Lion, but not everything. It is a
different operating system to Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8.
Lion is ‘Using gestures’ and is similar to the iOS (the operating system on
iPad / iPhone).
• Multi-touch gestures
• App Store
• App Home screens
• Full screen apps
• Auto save
• Apps resume when launched

Just a few of Lion’s features: The Mac App Store, a new way to discover,
install and automatically update desktop apps; Launchpad, a new home for all of
your Mac apps; system-wide support for full screen apps; and Mission Control,
which unifies Exposé, Dashboard, Spaces and full screen apps into an innovative
new view of everything running on your Mac, and allows you to instantly
navigate anywhere.

"Lion brings many of the best ideas from iPad back to the Mac, plus some fresh
new ones like Mission Control”

I won’t be putting Lion on my work machine for a while yet. There are certain
things I just don’t like about Lion ;-)
But guess eventually I will have to get used to it, as it is the way Apple is
moving forward.
<http://www.apple.com.au/macosx/>

My Support Website link is: ronnibrown.net <http://ronnibrown.net/>
When my website loads, select the heading ‘PREPARE FOR LION OS X 10.7’ and you
can download the PDF ‘Prepare For Lion’.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)