On 30/08/2011, at 10:43 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> On 30/08/2011, at 9:07 AM, Brett Curtis wrote:
>
>> A question from my #1 Daughter...  She's checked the archives.
>>
>> I do a lot of presentations using Keynote on my Macbook and connecting it
>> with a data projector.  Every time I plug in for my Logitech Slide Clicker
>> (Model: R-RB5) via USB to my MacBook laptop, it freezes my mouse. Which
>> means if I want to change something on my computer mid presentation, I have
>> to unplug the Logitech USB and replug it to get it working again.  Are there
>> any ideas on how I can use my mouse while having the Logitech USB plugged in?
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> As far as I’m aware you can’t.
> Q:  Does the Cordless 2.4GHz Presenter allow you to move the mouse pointer on
> the screen?
> A:  No, it only functions within Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote
> <http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2220/section/troubleshoot/crid/432/lt_product_id/175/tabs/1,3,2,5/cl/us,en/kw/>
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD
>
> OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
> OS X 10.7 Lion
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)

Also, is she using a USB mouse or the Trackpad?
If USB mouse, which model/brand?
Do they both stop working?
Check System Preferences - Universal Access.
under Mouse & Trackpad

Does she have this ticked:-
"Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present"

Which version of OSX is using?

Kind regards
Daniel

---