On 11/09/2011, at 4:12 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just set-up my laptop for our coming holiday I also ended up re-installing
> Dropbox - but now I keep getting the warning about Dropbox being an
> application downloaded from the internet - I expect to get this message the
> FIRST time I open it after downloading - but it keeps coming up everytime I
> start-up and dropbox launches.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Neil,

Did you click ‘Yes’ the first time you received this warning?
If so you can disable that warning, per-item or permanently.

Using the Terminal, Snow Leopard (10.6) users can enter this command,
substituting "~/Downloads" (the Downloads folder inside the user folder) for
whatever file or folder where they'd like to prevent future download warnings.

Firstly upgrade to the latest version of Dropbox.  If that doesn't work, try
running the following code in a Terminal window.

xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Dropbox.app

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)