Hi Ian,

Did you create an Administrator User Account & Password for your wife?

To transfer files between two accounts on your Mac OS X computer, first move
your wife's files from your account into the 'Shared folder'

Then, log into your wife's account to retrieve the files from the Shared folder.
Move all her files into the correct places ... Documents into Documents, movies
into Movies, photos into Pictures etc.

To make changing User Accounts quicker enable 'Fast User Switching'
To quickly switch between accounts:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and click Accounts.

If some settings are dimmed, click the lock icon and type an administrator name
and password.

2. Click Login Options.

3. Select “Enable fast user switching.”

I'm knocking off for the day now, should be back again tomorrow if you require
anymore help.

Sent from Ronni's iPad