From: "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com>
To: "WAMUG" <wamug@wamug.org.au>
Sent: Monday, 17 October, 2011 12:51:02 PM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing /
Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: Re: iOS5 and Lion 10.7.2 with iCloud Support now available

Hi Michael,

I’m not sure what is happening as my replies are not coming into WAMUG Mailing
list for some reason.
I posted the reply below at 5:12:51 PM yesterday and it hasn’t arrived to the
WAMUG Mailing list yet?

I realised I had not typed the correct link in my reply regarding ‘Missing
iSync’

So, sorry Michael from Ronni ;-)

The link I supplied previously I had not typed correctly :-(
If you click on this link, you will download the latest version of iSync.
iSync: <http://jools.me/iSync.zip>

=======
Lol Daniel, not often I beat you to the ‘Punch Line’ ;-)

Actually Michael, the latest version of  iSync should work in Lion with a Nokia:

If you click on this link, you will download the latest version of iSync.
<iSync: goo.gl/xyusc>
Click on the iSync.zip archive in your downloads folder and it will expand into
the application itself.
Move the iSync application into your Applications folder.

Now, try and run the Nokia plugin installer (it should run unless there is
something about Lion that prevents its functioning).
If it does not install, then use the below procedure to manually install the
plugin.

Here's a way to manually install the plugin:

1-Obtain the plug-in installer from Nokia. Open the dmg archive.

2-Right-click on the installer package itself (not the dmg archive). Select
"show package contents" from the contextual menu.

3-Open the Contents folder.

4-Drag the item "Archive.pax.gz" to the desktop.

5-Right-click on Archive.pax.gz and open it with "Archive Utility"

6-You'll see a folder called "Library" on the desktop. Inside this Library
folder you'll see a "PhonePlugins" folder. Inside this PhonePlugins folder is a
folder with a name that probably begins with "Nokia_" (For instance, for my
n79, the name of this folder is "Nokia_N79_isync_plugin_2v1.phoneplugin").

Drag the Nokia_ folder to a pre-existing folder in the following location:
Mac HD (or whatever you name your primary hard drive) /Library/PhonePlugins.
If the PhonePlugins folder doesn't already exist, you may create one in the
path above.

7- What you should end up with is: Mac HD/Library/PhonePlugins/Nokia_...

Now, run iSync, plug in your phone, and do an Add Device from within iSync.
Should work.

Oh my goodness now I realise you are still working in Snow Leopard, so possibly
an easier way for you to get iSync to work in Lion:

The Missing iSync in OS X Lion (and what to do about it)
<http://slashusr.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/the-missing-isync-in-os-x-lion-and-what-to-do-about-it/>