Hi Lloyd,

I don’t think Tim will mind me answering in place of him.

"Take a screenshot of iPhone’s display:
Quickly press and release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
A flash of the screen lets you know the screenshot  was taken.
The screenshot is added to the Camera Roll. “

On 27/10/2011, at 11:31 AM, White Lloyd wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Can give a little more detail about taking a photo of a safari website by
> holding down the button and power switch. Does that only work with iPad2? I
> can,t get it to work on my iPad1.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lloyd
> On 26/10/2011, at 10:08 PM, Tim Law <t...@peoplehelp.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I've most often seen questions about travelling with iPad and iPhones, so
>> thought I'd send the group my recent experience which may help someone from
>> asking the question over again.
>>
>> I have just spent a month travelling France, Switzerland, Austria and
>> Germany. Most of the time we were in France and Germany.
>> In Australia I have a data plan with Telstra that gives me 1Gb per month.
>>
>> A French friend bought a SIM card for me in France for the Orange network,
>> with the aim of limiting the roaming charges on my Telstra SIM. When we
>> arrived in France, I paid 35€ onto this pre paid SIM card, about A$50, and
>> left 3G and data turned on, thinking this was a sensible option. I was
>> looking forward to using the mapping, internet for searches for
>> accommodation, local things to do etc. All the features I was used to in
>> Australia.
>>
>> The next morning I got a text from Orange to say I'd got 3€ left. Eeek. I'd
>> not used the iPhone at all, it was chewing through this data all by itself.
>> And what's more, part of the place we stayed had good WiFI connection. Part
>> of it didn't. When my French friend navigated my account usage on the Orange
>> website, he found a long list of data downloads, each with a flagfall of 50c
>> (I think), and whilst the data downloaded was minimal, the time was what was
>> being charged for.  This is unlike Australia where we get charged for the
>> amount of data, not the time. At least that's how my Telstra plan works for
>> 3G and data.
>>
>> Lesson learnt, I turned off both 3G and Data, loaded another 20€ onto the
>> SIM, and resolved to never turn them on again.
>>
>> What I found was that calls and texts from France into Germany or anywhere
>> else incurred international rates.
>> When we travelled into Switzerland, Austria or Germany, all calls and texts
>> were charged at roaming rates.
>>
>> Phone signal strength was pretty good all the way around Europe, and the
>> Orange SIM connected with various different providers as we moved through
>> their region.
>>
>> Frankly, the only advantage I can see of getting a local SIM card is if you
>> want to make calls or send texts within the country you are in. Data was out
>> of the question, and no one could help me find a pre paid that was any
>> better deal for data. Folks, we have it good here in Australia!
>>
>> My son kept his Optus prepaid SIM on a standard phone without any data
>> features. He paid $3.50 for each text he sent anywhere, and similarly high
>> calls costs. BUT - he is on the Optus Turbo Cap so for $30 he gets $300
> [...]

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)