Today by way of a practice run I used Siri to make an appointment with someone
next Tuesday (call her "Blondie"). The appointment was entered automatically in
my calendar. I then asked Siri to cancel the appointment. Shortly after that I
received an email from Blondie with subject heading "RE: Meeting with Blondie
has been cancelled",  in which she wrote "Not sure what those 'cloudy' things
were about''.

A calendar icon was at the foot of her email. When I clicked on it, every entry
I had on my computer in iCal was visible, including listings of birthdays. An
attachment to the email from Blondie showed the cancelled appointment and also
showed a legitimate appointment in Blondie's computer.

Blondie and I work for different organisations, but Blondie is in my Contacts
list in Outlook. My computer is not on any network, but I do have IOS 5 on the
iPhone 4s, Lion 7.2 and an Apple identity. The email notifying Blondie of the
cancellation was automatically sent, but does not show up on my computer as
sent in Mail or in Outllook).  I have not been able to check yet if that
information was displayed on Blondie's computer but if it was i am very
concerned.

Mail was ''OFF" on my iPhone, but Contacts, Calendars and Reminders were all
"On". iCloud back up was selected as "ON" on the iPhone.

"Contacts" and "Calendars" were ticked in preferences on my computer.

The preference "Ask before sending changes to events" was ticked in the
preferences for iCal in my computer.

To look at it light-heartedly, it looks as though Apple and iCloud may have
made whistle blowers and hackers redundant.

Any suggestions about how I can use Siri without having her gossip with the
whole world?

Regards,

Michael Hawkins
17" MacBook Pro