hi Merv

Yes, it's through Contacts on iDevice.
When the iPad is plugged into iTunes you select the iPad under Devices.
It will show you "Summary". Beside that is "Info" . Click on that.
It will then have a tick box to "sync address book" (or something worded like
that. Ensure that's ticked and Click Apply to save those changes.
Then when it syncs it should move everything across.

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 4s

---