On 08/11/2011, at 11:13 AM, Merv Bond wrote:

> Hi
> I have been trying to use Filterstorm 3 (the $5 version), on an iPad iOS4.
> The purpose of the exercise was to reduce a photo from 4+ MB down to about
> 450 kb and send the reduce photo by email.
> I have used the scale filter to reduce the number of pixels but my attempts
> to Export the photo by email have failed. Furthermore, I can not save the
> edited version to my film roll and if I could I do not know whether it will
> overwrite the original, which I wish to preserve.
> Any advice appreciated including a suggestion for an alternative application
> that will do the job.
> Thunderstorms and sultry in Canberra. Pleasant Spring rain in Perth?
> Merv

Hi Merv,

I have never used this app or don’t know much about Filterstorm 3 other than
reading a few reviews and also about Filterstorm Pro.

"Exporting Images

To export images, go to the 'export' tab (iPad) or tap the bottom icon in the
main menu to bring up the export screen (iPhone), and tap on the destinations
in the list you wish to check them. At this point, tapping the "Send Photos"
button will begin processing and transferring all the selected photos to all
the selected destinations.

The "Delivery Settings" button will bring up a popover giving you options to
scale all the images you're sending to fit into a certain pixel-sized box.
You can also set the maximum size here. If you don't need extremely high
resolution output, you can speed up the processing time by lowering the maximum
size. You can also choose the JPEG quality, higher means larger file sizes,
smaller means worse quality.
Somewhere around 80% is usually a good compromise between the two. Finally you
can set the option to confirm these settings each time before export.”

<http://filterstorm.com/fs3/tutorials/metadata-export-backup#exporting-images>

<http://filterstorm.com/fs3/tutorials/>

Filterstorm Pro:
Filterstorm Pro, includes additional features such as batch processing.
<http://ipad.appstorm.net/reviews/graphics/filterstorm-pro-powerful-photo-editing-on-your-ipad/>

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)