Thanks Eugene, yes I'm aware of the 3G versus WiFi methods of location
determination but the problem with the iPods is the complete lack of ANY
location determination. They just don't reach a state of connection. The red
dot indicates can't find despite them being connected to the WiFi network.

I'd be happy if they were located within say 1km or more.

Thanks

Pete.