On 29/12/2011, at 10:00 AM, Gerald Lloyd wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have recently had to restart my computer and some of my backup was stuffed
>
> My Adobe CS5 suite was corrupted and I do not have the original disks and the
> serial number I have does not work  HOWEVER I did not use it much so I am
> looking for a graphics program which is cheap and easy to use say just a step
> up from the old MacDraw or something similar???
>

> Any ideas??
>

> Many Thanks
>

> Gerald and Valerie Lloyd
> lloy...@iinet.net.au

The graphics capabilities common to all of the components of the iWork suite
are more than just a step up from MacDraw, and will probably do most of what
you want. If you want a more capable dedicated drawing application, you could
do worse than consider Cenon
(http://www.cenon.info/frameLoad_gb.html?support_faq_gb.html). This free German
offering is well documented and powerful, and goes well beyond MacDraw in what
it can do.

For a Photoshop substitute, Acorn and Pixelmator are probably offering the best
value for money at the moment, but it really depends on what you need this
stuff to do for you.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948