I have just started using a trackpad and have somehow inadvertently managed to
zoom/enlarge my whole screen.
This has resulted in information being lost at either the top or bottom of the
screen.  i.e. I can either see the menu bar or the dock but not both at the
same time.
The apparent magnification of the screen  is not as a result of the two finger
pinch or the the expand arrows at the top right hand corner in an application
as these work in addition to the unwanted magnification.
I am sure there is a simple explanation as to which unwanted gesture I
mistakenly used and how I can reverse it but I have been unable to find any
reference to this situation.
Can anyone advise me?

Thanks

Barry