Hi Ray,

Thanks so much for that. Yes that all looks fine in Preview AND the custom
page numbering is retained :o)

I was interested when you said
> Adobe Reader V10.1.1 did not have problems with any of the versions.

I do not normally use Acrobat reader but I had opened the original file in
Reader (9.4.2) when checking out Ronni's (sorry, Perez's) comments re page
numbering. I now realise that I must not have actually viewed the problem
page in Reader - because I have now just tried that and it looks just fine!!

So it seems that the problem is limited to Preview - well, Apple's pdf
rendering, I guess, since Carlo also reported the same problem with the iPad
reader and the problem was also visible in quick-look.

Even though the original file is OK in Adobe Reader, your "fix" is greatly
appreciated - I use preview and quick-look all the time and it would have
been a pain to have to remember I needed to open this particular file in
Adobe Reader!

As Carlo says:
> Given the unusual nature of the bug, and how hard it is to trigger it I would
> guess you may not see a fix for Preview any time soon.

Thanks again,

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton