Hi Barry,

You may be doing an Accessibility zoom in. It can be configured to be Control
plus a two finger swipe up to zoom in and Control plus a two finger swipe down
to zoom back out. As I say this is an Accessibility feature that can be turned
off but I use it frequently to read fine print and thus have it turned on.

Cheers,
Carlo