Hi Diana

Command - J (Co-J) makes a layer of a selection or the entire layer (it's the
same as copy (Co-C) and paste (Co-V) but quicker.
I hope this helps. I have the notes here if you need them. Email me off list
and I will email them to you.

Cheers
Jon

On 14/02/2012, at 12:30 PM, Diana & Graham Stevens wrote:

> Hi List
>
> I have forgotten the key combination that allows you to copy a selection to a
> new layer. I tried to find it in the documentation but failed.
>
> I did two of Jon Davison's UWA Extension Photoshop Courses some years ago and
> I am sure I should have notes. If you're lurking out there Jon, what did they
> look like?
>
> Best wishes to all from Diana

Jon Davison

Partner / Photographer

Eye in the Sky Productions
Unit 5, 78 Marine Terrace, Fremantle, WA 6160

Visual Communications for the Australian Defence Force,
WA Police, Defence, Aerospace and Aviation Industries.
(+61) 0403 235938
(+61) 08 9433 5541
j...@eyeinthesky.com.au
www.eyeinthesky.com.au