Hi David,

You don’t mention what version of Toast you are using or details of your
computer & OS X which could help people to give suggestions.

Converting / encoding Video does take time & depends on your computer.
You need a very fast processor, plenty of free space on your hard drive and
heaps of RAM.

Are you using Toast 11? If you do did you purchase the $19.99US Toast® 11
High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in?
"The High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in for Toast 11 Titanium lets you author HD
video content from AVCHD™ camcorders and EyeTV recordings on to standard DVDs
and Blu-ray Discs for playback on any standard Blu-ray set top box or
PlayStation® 3 game console.
Toast 11 High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in is ONLY compatible with Toast 11
Titanium”

<http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/plugin/overview.html>

I don’t know if anything I’ve typed below will be helpful to you or not;
hopefully some of it might be ;-)

You could perhaps try creating a custom profile with the settings you wish. I’m
not near the computer I use for my EyeTV recordings, so cannot do a test for
you.

You can create Custom Profiles for video conversions, which allow you to
customise any of the included presets and save your custom settings so they can
be used in the future.

1. Open Toast 11,
2. Select Video, then Select Media > Video > EyeTV.
In Toast 11 the Media Browser is always attached to the main window.

3. Open the EyeTV Programs window, choose the Recordings section, and select
the video recording you wish to archive by clicking on it once to highlight it.

4. Drag it from the Recordings section of the EyeTV Programs window, to Toast’s
Video section.
Then, select what format you want to use in Toast.

To create a custom conversion profile: Details found in the 'Roxio Toast 11
Titanium Manual' on pages 130-131

1 After you have clicked the red Convert button, select New Custom Profile from
the Device pull-down menu.

2 The Custom Video Export Profiles window appears, a new profile is
automatically added and you are prompted to enter a name for it.
The name of the profile will appear on the Device pull-down menu in the future,
so choose a name you will remember.

3 From the Format pull-down, choose a format to base your custom settings on.
You should choose the format that is closest to the settings you want to use.

4 Make changes to the selected format by changing options such as Size, Aspect
Ratio, Overscan, and others.
You can also click ‘Advanced' to access additional settings for both audio and
video.
You should ensure that the settings you choose are compatible with the device
you are going to use for playback.
It is possible to choose settings that are not compatible with the original
device or format you selected in the Format pull-down menu.

5 Once you’ve completed making changes, click OK and complete your project.
You’ll see your new custom profile listed by name in the Device pull-down menu.

This might help stimulate members who do burn EyeTV recordings to DVDs to
assist you. I don’t as I run EyeTV from a Mac mini attached to my TV set with a
external firewire Hard Drive attached to Mac mini which holds all the EyeTV
Recordings and movies.