Or,..if you prefer doing it the "old way" you can do the following.
In iPhoto go to the iPhoto menu and choose Preference,  then where it says
"Email photos using:" you can set this to your email client (Mail etc) instead
of iPhoto.
I must admit, I prefer doing it this way,...but maybe that's just me.

(And yes, I know you can open the "Photo Browser" from within Mail as well to
get photos that way. Just sometimes I think it's easier to see them all in
iPhoto) ;o)

Kind regards
Daniel

---