Thanks Ronni.

On 22/04/2012, at 11:30 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

>> <snip>
>
> You can setup a gmail IMAP in Apple Mail.

There's a thought. Now I know that I can set up a mydomain.com POP email
address within gmail (gmail doesn't allow same for IMAP), and as far as the
rest of the world is concerned, even though I'm logging into the gmail
interface for both sending and receiving and managing mail, it looks like a
mydomain.com email address.

But if I then set up a gmail IMAP account within Apple's Mail, can I then send,
receive, manage mail such that any gmail association is hidden to 3rd parties?
The objectives of this being that (i) I capitalise on gmail's 7GB storage
capacity (ii) I still enjoy the benefits of Apple's Mail app for handling mail
and (iii) whether I use Mail on the iMac or the iPad, I still see all folders
including sent, because it'd basically be a mirror of the gmail facility.

Is that likely to work, before I spend a bunch of time testing?

Cheers, Steven