Hi Neil

A final AirParrot wrap-up on this thread.   In short: alas, alas.

I increased RAM on my Mac from 4GB to 12GB (thanks Daniel) but it made no
difference to watching movies via AirParrot.

AP works well when mirroring a fairly static application.  It projects it to
near full TV size, independent of its window size on the iMac.  It also worked
well when mirroring the MacBook Pro retina display sales video from the home
page of the Apple website, but audio lip movements were slightly out of sync
with the video.  Because it was displaying the Safari application with its full
borders as per a computer display, the actual video content was say 20 percent
of the window area.   I then played a Minuscule episode in Preview via Finder
and enlarged the playback to about the size of a Safari window.   Jerky
playback indicating no buffering (?) and video quality was also degraded.   A
live eyeTV program was similar with jerky playback and only fair video quality.
  It seems that the area of the video within the Mac app window has a major
impact.  Doesn't appear to be any difference between AppleTV connected via
ethernet or AirPort.

I had trouble with mirroring the Mac desktop as distinct from mirroring
individual applications.  AppleTV kept dropping out.  Didn't pursue this.

It doesn't play nicely with iView at all.   Long periods of paused video even
on fairly static content.  And Apple TV connection frequently lost.   iView
playback defaults to full screen mode when it starts - AirParrot can't handle
that at all.   I resized to my normal Safari window area  to give a watchable
TV size for my tests but didn't try a very small playback window.   Didn't try
YouTube.

The AirParrot app itself is not very robust.  I had to restart the Mac twice
when AP gave the spinning beach ball.  AP does not appear in the list of apps
to permit a Force Quit.  AP FAQs state that for some issues the app should be
closed for several minutes to recover!

Cheers
Alan