Hi Severin

I retried this

 It may be the solution,

Select text change language and auto insert the date and when swapping from US
to Aus English the format did change.

Brian

On 01/07/2012, at 10:56 PM, Brian Risbey wrote:

Hi Severin,

Just another thought,

does ensuring you have Language English (Aus) - Australian - change the date
format?

(May have to select all text before changing Language setting.)

Word > Menu > Tools > Language… > English (AUS)

Brian