Hi Tim, Yes, Time Machine will start deleting old backups as needed... But I don't want that to happen. I want to keep as many backups as possible, I want to be able to 'go back in time' for as long as possible.
No, I'm not experiencing any problems with my Time Machine backups or Time Capsule. My Time Capsule is a 3rd Generation 1TB, the HD on my MBP is 750GB with 430GB Free Space. Everything is working perfectly as I expect it to. As most people know I am very concerned with Protecting Data... My own and others. The backup strategy I have in place and recommend to my clients comes from years of experience – not only my own, but that of numerous industry experts. And yes, I do agree with your comment "Alternatively, having something new and shiny IS allowed to be good reason all by itself"... but in this instance that is not the reason why I want a new Time Capsule ;-)) Kind Regards, Ronni Sent from Ronni's iPad4 On 27/11/2012, at 1:08 PM, Tim Law <[email protected]> wrote: > Ronni, > > I know how exciting it is to get something shiny and new, but doesn't Time > Machine delete old backups as needed when the disk is getting full? So your > Capsule having limited spare capacity shouldn't be a problem, and isn't a > good enough reason to replace it. Or perhaps, thinking about it, that your > TC is only a bit bigger than your MacBook's hard drive, thereby creating a > problem. > > Alternatively, having something new and shiny IS allowed to be good reason > all by itself. :-) > > Tim > > > > On 27/11/2012, at 12:47 PM, Ronni Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Hi WAMUGers waiting for the new Time Capsule, >> >> Apple tend to release a new Time Capsule model each year; the last being >> the 4th generation on June 21 2011. >> >> I was aware in January, that Apple is expected to rapidly deploy support for >> the new 802.11ac specification this year, adding so called "Gigabit WiFi" to >> new AirPort base stations, Time Capsule, Apple TV, notebooks and potentially >> its mobile devices. >> >> I'm desperately waiting on purchasing a larger Time Capsule as my current TC >> - TM Backup Disk only has 104.75 GB Free, and there is not much of this year >> left for Apple to announce a new Time Capsule :( >> >> Come On Apple... Ronni is fast running out of patience!!! >> >> Cheers, >> Ronni >> >> 17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt" >> 2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD >> >> OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion >> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance) >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> -------------- next part -------------- >> An HTML attachment was scrubbed... >> URL: >> http://lists.wamug.org.au/pipermail/wamug.org.au-wamug/attachments/20121127/0420d4ed/attachment.htm >> >> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- >> Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> >> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> >> Settings & Unsubscribe - >> <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug> > > -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- > Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> > Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> > Settings & Unsubscribe - > <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug> -- The WA Macintosh User Group Mailing List -- Archives - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/archives.shtml> Guidelines - <http://www.wamug.org.au/mailinglist/guidelines.shtml> Settings & Unsubscribe - <http://lists.wamug.org.au/listinfo/wamug.org.au-wamug>

